Monday, February 1, 2010

Tea Cup

12" x 12"
oil on panel

I was at an art show the other night and someone had mentioned making a pact to do some kind of art every day in February - kind of like the "daily painting" idea, but with other forms of art. There was a sculptor, jewelry designer, me and another painter and I thought it would be fun to do this with a group of artists. So I put together a Facebook group called Wilmington One-A-Days for February. Since last I checked there are 92 members with new posts everyday. I'm so impressed with the turn out!

Anyone can join - they don't have to be from Wilmington. It's open to anyone who wants to commit to doing something creative everyday. Here is the info I put on the group...
This site is for anyone who wants to create and post a new piece of art everyday for the month of February. Any art counts... painting, sculpture, photography, drawing, cooking, knitting, hair cutting, whatever. It doesn't have to be a masterpiece - this is just an exercise of inspiration. When you post please indicate the day, name & medium. Posting starts Feb 1st.

Also I'm going to be in an art show with some other artists - here is the info - 


No comments:

Post a Comment