Thursday, December 16, 2010

December

This is the painting that I started a few days ago - I started to think it needed something more and since I've had time, I worked on it a little tonight.

For the past few days, I've just been doing what I want, no pressure on anything, just what I want as it comes to me. It's been very freeing. Because I work at home, I normally try to keep to a schedule. It's not super rigid, but it keeps me focused and on track. Right now, I feel a little burned out and so I'm just taking a "mind vacation" from pressure and time constraints.

Mostly I've been working on the house making it more of a "me" space, decorating and fixing things and really enjoying the heck out of it!

Also, since I live in a very old house, it can get drafty. I've been experimenting with creating more of a comfort space as well with weather stripping, shrink plastic on the windows, Great Stuff for cracks - it's become quite a challenging game for me. I never thought insulating would be so therapeutic and it's made a great difference.



No comments:

Post a Comment