Thursday, January 6, 2011

Gabe and 14 Years

"Gabe"
10" x 8"
I thought I had posted this, but I don't think I did.

I wanted share something with everybody - I just had a 14 year anniversary of sobriety. 14  1/2 years ago I was a mess I hated myself, I was spiraling out of control and unrecognizable. I decided to stop and change my life for one day -  I would just give it a try. With lots of help and support I was able to turn that one day into 14 years and I have never wanted another drink. My life has grown so much since then, my decisions are clear and I may not make all the right ones, I know they are mine and not made out of desperation. The challenge is always with me, but I think of everything I have gained and know without a doubt it could be lost in an instant of my doing... everything I have worked so hard to achieve.

If you have this struggle, my heart goes out to you. Please know that if I can do it, you can too... just try it for one day - it may change your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment