Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Paintings in Progress

Dane
2' x 5'
oil on canvas

Angel Descending
oil on panel

Here are some paintings I'm working on. 

I have been invited to be in a show at Wesleyan College next year with 3 other artists and will be working on about 11 large paintings - this is the first. I wanted to incorporate an abstract in the background, not sure why, maybe because the dane looks confused or maybe because he's in black and white and I was just wanting some color. In any case, abstract is very difficult for me, I find I face a lot of self doubt when attempting these types of paintings, not sure why, but it is something to explore. 

The second is a painting I've been working on for a long time, maybe this will be my "Mona Lisa" painting that I work on my whole life and never finish... let's hope not, because the client has been extra patient up until now, which I greatly appreciate!

No comments:

Post a Comment