Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Daily Dog - Seven


12" x 14"
oil on canvas
commission

I did not finish this within the 2 hour alloted time-frame for my Daily Dog project, so I will complete it another time - some paintings just need more time. It has a good start though and I feel comfortable with walking away, waiting for it to dry, and start again later. 

As I was painting this, I felt I was "losing the path" which means it was not coming out the way I intended. Every time that happens I hear the little fish's words from the movie Finding Nemo "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming" which translates to "Just keep painting, just keep painting" and I find if I can just focus and keep adding, somehow on a subconscious level I find it's way again. Not sure how it happens, but it's awesome when I step away from the painting and say to myself "you got it!" and not "what on earth have you done?!"

This subject comes from a long line of show beagles and I want to paint her/him in the glory that her breed has earned. 

Will post another photo when I complete it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment