Thursday, August 14, 2014

PAINT MY DOG Series - Lyra - #16

"Lyra"
10" x 8"
oil on canvas
reserved purchase

Just wanted to let you know I'm taking a break for a week to celebrate my 50th birthday with my family in Florida so I won't be posting while I'm gone.

Here is Lyra's story…
"Lyra is a rescue from "Happy Paws Rescue" in Yuba City. We drove to Yuba City (about 30 miles away) in a torrential rain storm on Friday, February 28th and immediately fell in love with her. She weighed a little under 6 pounds when we got her, and is now about 23 pounds. She loves her big brother, Harry (an 11 year old rescue). We think she is a corgi/terrier mix. Her name comes from the book "Out Stealing Horses" by Per Petterson - it was the name of the dog in the book - and my partner, Jim, thought it was a great name for a dog, so three years later, when we got her, we used that name."

Here is Lyra with her big bother…



petportraitsbyclair.com


No comments:

Post a Comment