Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Baxter

"Baxter"
10" x 8"
oil on canvas

For the past week I have been struggling with one of the nastiest colds I have ever experienced. With the belief that I could control this and "get better faster so I can get on with my life" I have tried everything homeopathic to OTC from thera-flu to turmeric steams, Nyquil to epsom baths with mega doses of vitamin C, to no avail. I have come to the conclusion I just have to let it run it's course and take the break when it's given.
I surrendered.

Today is the first day I could concentrate without an uncontrollable cough, drippy nose, dizziness, migraine, etc. I'm starting to see light at the end of the tunnel.

So, I decided to paint Baxter. Baxter is kind of a new addition to our family. He is a super unique loving pup with eyesight issues. When he first got here, he ran into furniture a lot and I considered putting pool noodles on the coffee table, but now that he knows the lay of the land, he fits in quite perfectly.

I found out that he is a mixed breed called a Meagle (mix of Min-Pin and Beagle).

1 comment:

  1. Oh he is so gorgeous! I love your dogs!! I am glad you are feeling a bit better now, I had a nasty one last year and it took 3 weeks to get over it!

    ReplyDelete