Sunday, October 9, 2011

Steve Jobs




The recent passing on Steve Jobs had little effect on me. Not because I just don't care, but because at this moment my life is a whirlwind of activity.... my own show in two and a half weeks, 5 paintings in progress, 3 commissions, an illustration job, marketing, and of course all the regular stuff your supposed to do in life, laundry, grocery shopping, feeding the dog, etc.

When I received this blog post by Duane Keiser, the painter that inspired me to get off my butt and paint, I had to pause and think about how Steve Jobs has affected my life so deeply. Without his genius, I would not be where I am today and wouldn't even be having this show. The mac has allowed me to market my work and reach millions of people rather than a few hundred through a gallery.

Duane says it so much more eloquently here:
Keiser on Painting

Thank you Steve Jobs for changing my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment