Sunday, September 13, 2009

Downtown Dog 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100

Downtown Dog 100

 Downtown Dog 99
 Downtown Dog 98
 Downtown Dog 97
 Downtown Dog 96
 Downtown Dog 95
 Downtown Dog 94
Downtown Dog 93
Downtown Dog 92
Well, I am done!

I actually finished the 100th at about 3:00, took a nap and a walk on the beach.

I was glad I had miscalculated and needed to do one more because I tried to take my time and meditate on how my painting has changed. Most of all my confidence level has increased. Out of all 100 paintings, not one messed up to the point of having to redo - if I felt It was going badly I was able to fix it - which is my biggest fear - making a mistake and being crippled creatively. I made lots of mistakes and was ok with it.

My use of the brush and accuracy at mixing color, seeing color, seeing detail and translating it to the painting has gotten much better.

I highly recommend this to anyone who is a painter.

Well, not sure what to do now - I'll probable keep doing daily paintings  - I have a show in October that I need to work on and a Pooch Puzzle I'm doing for the Cameron Museum for a show later this year (will update on that later)

A magazine in Florida "The New Barker" contacted me about a possible cover 
- cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment