Wednesday, September 10, 2014

PAINT MY DOG! #22

"Zephie"
10" x 8"
oil on canvas

Zephie's story..

"Unsuspectingly, I walked in to a neighbors garage to see a litter of English Springer Spaniels; it was a dark time in my life as my marriage had disintegrated unexpectedly and I was facing an uncertain future as a former stay at home mom with as a friend said "no marketable skills." (You gotta love friends!) A small liver and white bundle of cuteness wandered over, the neighbor commented she was the only of the litter yet to be sold, and well, I guess she needed me and I needed her. My teenaged boys donned her Ledy Zeppelin of Hillside - I shortened it to Zephie. A true velcro springer, Zephie literally saved me - hours of walking the energetic Springer was therapeutic, her unfettered joy at the very sight of me, and her enthusiastic personality buoyed the spirits of both me and my boys. My groomer, describes her as "the person at the end of the party with a lampshade on her head." To me, she is the purest joy, constant friend, love of my life - Zephie!"

Note: some paintings are completed out of order in this series - I have 2 or three in the works that aren't ready to be completed. So if you haven't seen your painting, not to worry :)

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love this. You captured her as a pup and how all "grown up" - her sweet expression!

    ReplyDelete