Friday, May 1, 2009

Darby's Lamp

8" x 10"
Oil on board

When I went to my friend's house who's having the baby this lamp was sitting on her kitchen table and the light was just perfect, so I snapped a shot and used it to paint the next day then finished it this morning.
Although I do paint from life as much as I can, I also use photographs because sometimes moments and light just don't last. Also, since I paint through out the day the light is constantly changing which makes still life even more difficult. I have tried artificial light but have trouble seeing correct color and since the only rules in painting are the ones we create - mine is to use photos whenever I need to.
Note: I am having trouble getting correct color on the paintings because my screen here is really cheap and my other in NC weighs about a million pounds and is not very portable. When I get back I'll post better photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment