Thursday, May 14, 2009

Looking Back

10" x 8"
Oil on board
VIEW AUCTION

I have been wanting to do this painting ever since I took this shot last summer out in Island Park Idaho and hope to do a larger version. If you ever get the chance to go there, it's a really beautiful place. Lots of wild flowers, horses, wild things, real ranchers, a completely different life than the one I have lived.
There are a lot of photos that I took out west that I have wanted to paint, not to meantion a lot of paintings of a lot of things that I have wanted to do and now that I'm doing a painting a day I'm getting to do all of them. The anticipation of a painting, thinking about it, working it all out in my head, seeing it before I even put paint to the canvas - - This is exciting to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment