Sunday, October 18, 2009

Pooch Puzzle




Here is what I have been working on for the past few weeks. It will be showing at the Cameron Art Museum for a few months as part of their "Artists  Made Toys" show. I'm really excited about being in a museum of this caliber. I   hope  that it the first in a long line of opportunities.

If you get a chance come see the show - it's Nov. 13 - March 7th

I showed at the Farmer's Market Saturday and nearly froze until  the  sun came out. It turned into a really beautiful day. I'm scheduled to show at   a few more, but not sure how much of the cold weather I can tolerate!

I will be at "Art for the Masses" November 21st - it's a really an impressive   show - thousands of people come, hundreds of artists. It's quite an event.  For those who have never been, everything is priced $250 and under. It's   a really opportunity for artists to showcase their work,  and for the public   to   show their support for local artists ( and get an early start on some holiday   shopping!).

Speaking of the arts community, please keep in mind how profoundly local ]artists have been affected by the state of the economy.  Your show of support for the arts with a purchase no matter how large or small  is greatly appreciated,  and helps to keep Wilmington a more vibrant, creative and inspiring place to live.

I buy art from other artists and have started a very small  collection... the phrase "You don't have to be a Rockefeller to collect art"  is from a documentary movie called "Herb and Dorothy" about a postal work  and a librarian that built a world class collection just by buying what they  loved a little at a time. I haven't seen it, but I hear it's really good and   very   inspirational.

Here is a site you can go to:  http://www.herbanddorothy.com/

Also here is a site of daily painters that sell  great work for very little, daily:
 http://www.dailypainters.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment