Thursday, November 26, 2009

Wildflowers and a letter of thanks


12" x 12"
oil on canvas

I did this painting right after I moved to NC and it hangs at my lake house in FL. These wildflowers bloom all around the area and are just gorgeous.

I was thinking about what I'm thankful for because I guess it's Thanksgiving and that's what we should do and I always do feel energized and centered when I do - I really should do it more often. I am overwhelmingly thankful to be in a relationship with someone who is unselfish, unconditional, who just loves for me to paint and supports me no matter how much time I spend doing it.  I'm thankful my son who is creative and living his life to the fullest he is able to right now. My mom who is always just a phone call away for advice and to make me laugh. My sister, who constantly inspires me with her strength. My friends, who inspire me creatively. All of you, who keep me painting. The universe that is constantly taking care of me and my sobriety.

No comments:

Post a Comment