Thursday, January 7, 2010

Scout


8" x 8"
oil on panel

This is a commission is a of a Red Bone Hound Dog - The nose looks a little crooked to me and in the photo it's crooked as well. I'm going to ask the client if this is accurate and if not I will need to change it.

I've noticed sometimes when you take photos of dogs, if your hold food, they will sniff and when a dog sniffs, their noses move back and forth. The photo given by the client my have caught him or her in "mid-sniff" and that is why the nose looks crooked and considering the sniffer on these dogs is what they were (guessing here) breed for, I'm guessing this is the case or maybe he or she just has a crooked nose. I probably should have asked before finishing the paint, but it's not that big of a change.


8" x 6"
oil on panel

No comments:

Post a Comment