Sunday, January 22, 2012

Red Creek

oil on canvas
20" x 16"
Sold to a collector in Virginia

I have a love and envy of abstract painting. It has always been a struggle for me to trust myself enough to even complete an abstract painting. So when I can across Red Creek Jasper stones for my jewelry, I was tremendously moved. The colors and patterns in each stone are so unique and inspiring, I just had to give it a try.
This is what I came up with and by the way, I REALLY loved getting lost in this painting.

1 comment:

  1. I really love your abstract work. As a painter, I am moving towards more and more abstract work. At first, I think it can be more challenging, because you have to work through all those fears--"will anyone understand this?"..."am I the only one who loves this?"...but I find when I let go of those fears and let the paint and my feelings in the moment to guide me, I create better work. I find those pieces satisfying for years to come! I look forward to seeing more of your work!

    ReplyDelete