Monday, May 6, 2013

The Daily Dog - Fifteen

8" x 10"
oil on canvas

I can't say I am completely happy with this painting - it did not turn out the way I saw it in my head. It may sound strange, but some paintings just need to "be" in their own way. It's almost as if they take on a life of their own and I have to know when to stop trying to control it. 

Last Friday, I missed the Daily Dog painting because I had a horrible migraine, so I decided to do one this morning on my day off to make up for it.

This Friday at the show I will have all The Daily Dog paintings to date which I think will be 20. Should be something to see and I hope to see you there!

2 comments:

  1. I know I am a bit late commenting on this post for your show, but it sounds like it would have been a fun show to see. I hope all the vet clinics and dog clubs/enthusiasts know about your work and shows, because your dog paintings are so wonderful! Each painting expresses a different aspect of the dog chosen, and each painting is a little gem to treasure.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice collage. Hope you had a good show.

    ReplyDelete