Thursday, January 1, 2015

Bluejay of Happiness

Bluejay of Happiness
10" x 8"x 3/4" (sides)
oil on heavy panel
view in my store

I wanted my first painting of 2015 to reflect how I hoped the year would be. Originally I thought of painting a bluebird, but I didn't feel the energy of a bluebird translated what I wanted to convey. I have always loved bluejays and their strong, proud, joyful energy. They are incredibly intelligent and very misunderstood. (on a side note: I have recorded about 12 different calls they make, all unique and expressive - the "squeaking gate" sound being my favorite) My mother told me once that when she was in labor with me, she listened to a bluejay outside the window making all of it's calls… maybe I heard them too.

So this year I hope to go in with strength and embrace joy in all things, choosing to recognize the joys and hold them in me.

Happy New Year to all of you - I have a good feeling about this one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment