Thursday, February 25, 2010

Paintings Done & Art Show

16" x 20"
oil on canvas panel

 
24" x 36"
oil on linen



Well, I have been working my tail off getting ready for the show Friday, trying to finish some paintings that have been half-way started - I can finally see light at the end of the tunnel! Still working on one more for the show, then I will be done with the painting part. Still have to frame, brochures, card, etc.

Recently, I developed an aversion to painting on the texture of canvas, so I decided after my next commission, to only paint on wood panel or masonite. It difficult to get detail, time consuming - takes more paint, feels awkward, etc. Maybe large paintings will still be on canvas - not sure yet.

Also, I have switched to distilled turpentine from mineral spirits - not sure why I didn't do it sooner. It's a much better experience and I don't feel drugged after painting all day. Maybe less headaches?

Hope to see you Friday night!


No comments:

Post a Comment