Sunday, July 27, 2014

PAINT MY DOG - Lucie

Lucie
10" x 8"
oil on canvas

Lucie's Story…
"I first met Lucie (Bootie) in 2005 at "Tails U Win" in Oak Island NC. She was about 3 months old at the time and was very sick with Parvo. Her rescuers were not sure if she would pull through or not. We had just lost a dog to old age & I was visiting different rescue organizations & donating food etc in order to ease the pain of our recent loss. We were unsure if we were ready for a new pup and when I left "Tails U Win" that day I had no idea that I would soon be bringing her home. A couple of weeks after my visit, Betty with "Tails" called and said that Lucie (Bootie) had recovered and would be available at PetsMart for adoption. My husband and I went over there "just to look" and someone had Lucie out on a leash. Instantly, I felt my heart in my throat. The minute they put that leash down, I snatched it up and haven't let go ever since! I think the fuzzy red boy I had just lost sent this fuzzy red girl to take his place."

This is the second time I have painted Lucie…

No comments:

Post a Comment